Tuesday 14 June 2011

CRAIG'S 100 QUOTES (100-11)


Hello guys, I was originally supposed to post my 100 Cheers list but decided to do the Quotes one instead. Like I said about music, it is important that many films have great scripts with memorable lines that will always be remembered. However even some films which are usually ridiculed can have stand out quotes that become cult classics and are frequently spoken of in this world whether they be cheesy, funny or even sad. Once again I have done another top 100 list up to number 11, with the top 10 to be revealed soon. Enjoy!


 11. THE ELEPHANT MAN – 1980
      JOHN MERRICK
      "I am not an animal! I am a human being. I am a man."
 12. TAXI DRIVER – 1976
      TRAVIS BICKLE
      "You talkin’ to me?"
 13. ALL ABOUT EVE – 1950
      MARGO CHANNING
      "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
 14. THE GODFATHER PART III – 1990
      MICHAEL CORLEONE
      "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."
 15. STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE – 1977
      HAN SOLO
      "May the Force be with you."
 16. FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF – 1986
      FERRIS BUELLER
      "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a 
       while, you could miss it".
 17. HOME ALONE – 1990
      GANGSTER JOHNNY
      "Keep the change, you filthy animal!"
 18. MIKE BASSETT: ENGLAND MANAGER – 2001
      MIKE BASSETT
      "Ladies and gentlemen. England will be playing Four-Four-Fucking Two."
 19. SUDDEN IMPACT – 1983
      HARRY CALLAHAN
      "Go ahead, make my day."
 20. GOODFELLAS – 1990
      HENRY HILL
      "As far back as I could remember I always wanted to be a gangster."
 21. THE DARK KNIGHT – 2008
       THE JOKER
      "Why so serious?!"
 22. TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY – 1991
       THE TERMINATOR
       "Hasta la vista, baby."
 23. JAWS – 1975
       MARTIN BRODY
      "You're gonna need a bigger boat."
 24. THE WIZARD OF OZ – 1939
      DOROTHY GALE
      "There's no place like home."
 25. THE SHINING – 1980
      JACK TORRANCE
      "Here's Johnny!"
 26. ON THE WATERFRONT – 1954
      TERRY MALLOY
      "You don't understand! I could’ve had class. I could’ve been a 
       contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what 
       I am."
 27. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD – 1962
      ATTICUS FINCH
     "You never really understand a person until you consider things from 
      his point of view, until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in 
      it."
 28. PLANES, TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES – 1987
      DEL GRIFFITH
      "You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. 
       I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen 
       too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like 
       to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; 
       I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers 
      like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get."
 29. THE DEPATED - 2006
      FRANK COSTELLO
      "When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. 
       Today, what I'm saying to you is this: when you're facing a loaded gun, 
       what's the difference?"
 30. LORD OF THE RINGS: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING – 2001
      GANDALF
      "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"
 31. TOY STORY – 1995
      BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
      "To infinity and beyond!"
 32. DR STRANGELOVE – 1964
      PRESIDENT MERKIN MUFFLEY
      "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
 33. E.T: THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL – 1982
      E.T
      "E.T. phone home."
 34. IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT – 1967
       VIRGIL TIBBS
      "They call me Mister Tibbs!"
 35. MISERY – 1990
      ANNIE WILKES
      "I am your number one fan."
 36. THE DARK KNIGHT – 2008
      THE JOKER
      "I believe what doesn’t kill you, simply makes you...stranger."
 37. NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN – 2007
      ANTON CHIGURH
      "Call it, friendo…."
 38. APOCALYPSE NOW – 1979
      LT. COL. BILL KILGORE
      "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
 39. BRAVEHEART – 1995
      WILLIAM WALLACE
      "They may take away our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!"
 40. NETWORK – 1976
      HOWARD BEALE
      "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
 41. THE WARRIORS – 1979
       LUTHER
      "Warriors, come out to play!"
 42. A FEW GOOD MEN – 1992
      COL. NATHAN JESSEP
      "You can't handle the truth!"
 43. FORREST GUMP – 1994
      FORREST GUMP
      "My mama always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never 
      know what you're gonna get.”
 44. CASABLANCA – 1942
      ILSA LASZLO
      "Play it, Sam. Play “As Time Goes By.”
 45. THE GODFATHER PART II – 1974
      MICHAEL CORLEONE
      "I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."
 46. SONS OF THE DESERT – 1933
      OLIVER
      "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!"
 47. THE WIZARD OF OZ – 1939
      DOROTHY GALE
      "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
 48. THE HANGOVER – 2009
      STU PRICE
      "She's got my grandmother's Holocaust ring!"
      ALAN GARNER
      "I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust."
 49. LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING – 2003
      ARAGORN
      "For Frodo."
 50. THE SHINING – 1980
      JACK TORRANCE
      "Wendy, I’m home."
 51. AIRPLANE – 1980
      CAPT. OVEUR
      "You ever been in a cockpit before?"
      JOEY
      "No sir, I've never been up in a plane before."
      CAPT. OVEUR
      "You ever seen a grown man naked?"
 52. DIRTY HARRY – 1971
      HARRY CALLAHAN
      "You've got to ask yourself one question:“Do I feel lucky?” Well, do ya, 
      punk?"
 53. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK – 1981
      INDIANA JONES
      "Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?"
 54. THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS – 1991
      DR. HANNIBAL LECTER
      "I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for 
      dinner."
 55. FOUR LIONS – 2010
      WAJ
      "Rubber dinghy rapids bro."
 56. ALIENS – 1986
      RIPLEY
      "Get away from her, you bitch!"
 57. GHOSTBUSTERS – 1984
      DR. PETER VENKMAN
      "We came. We saw. We kicked its ass."
 58. THE BREAKFAST CLUB – 1985
      JOHN BENDER
      "Yeah, I have a question. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his 
       wardrobe?"
      RICHARD VERNON
      "You'll get the answer to that question, Mr. Bender, next Saturday."
 59. GONE WITH THE WIND – 1939
      SCARLETT O'HARA
      "After all, tomorrow is another day!"
 60. IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE – 1946
      HARRY BAILEY
      "To my big brother George, the richest man in town!"
 61. SAVING PRIVATE RYAN – 1998
      CAPT. JOHN MILLER
      "Earn this."
 62. THE USUAL SUSPECTS – 1995
      VERBAL KINT
      "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he 
       didn't exist."
 63. RESERVOIR DOGS – 1992
      MR. BLONDE
      "Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?"
 64. WHEN HARRY MET SALLY – 1989
      CUSTOMER
      "I'll have what she's having."
 65. A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE – 1951
      STANLEY KOWALSKI
      "Stella! Hey, Stella!"
 66. AIRPLANE! – 1980
      DR. RUMACK
      "I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you."
 67. IN THE LOOP - 2009
      MALCOLM TUCKER
      "Y'know, I've come across a lot of psychos, but none as fucking boring 
       as you. You are a real boring fuck. Sorry, sorry, I know you disapprove 
       of swearing so I'll sort that out. You are a boring F, star, star, CUNT!" 
 68. LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING – 2003
      ARAGORN
      "My friends. You bow to no one."
 69. SUNSET BLVD – 1950
      NORMA DESMOND
      "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
 70. SPARTACUS – 1960
      ANTONINUS/REBEL SLAVES
      "I'm Spartacus! I'm Spartacus!"
 71. POLTERGIEST – 1982
      CAROL ANNE FREELING
      "They're here!"
 72. THE WIZARD OF OZ – 1939
      THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST
      "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"
 73. WAYNE’S WORLD – 1992
      WAYNE CAMPBELL/GARTH ALGAR
      "We're not worthy. We're not worthy."
 74. THE DEPARTED – 2006
      LAZIO
      "Do you have anyone in with Costello presently?"
      DIGNAM
      "Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe fuck yourself."
 75. MIDNIGHT COWBOY – 1969
      'RATSO' RIZZO
      "I'm walking here! I'm walking here!"
 76. SCENT OF A WOMAN – 1992
      LT. COL. FRANK SLADE
      "Hoo-ah!"
 77. THE HANGOVER – 2009
       STU PRICE
      "I lost a tooth! I married a whore!"
      ALAN GARNER
      "How dare you! She's a nice lady."
 78. FOUR LIONS – 2010
      WAJ
      "Is this big enough for you or am I Paki Rambo?"
 79. WHITE HEAT – 1949
      ARTHUR 'CODY' JARRETT
      "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!"
 80. SCARFACE – 1983
      TONY MONTANA
      "Me, I want what’s coming to me."
      MANNY
      "Oh, well what’s coming to you?"
      TONY MONTANA
      "The world, chico, and everything in it."
 81. THE WIZARD OF OZ – 1939
      THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST
      "I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world!"
 82. REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE – 1956
      JIM STARK
      "You're tearing me apart!"
 83. DIRTY DANCING – 1987
      JOHNNY CASTLE
      "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
 84. THE GODFATHER PART II – 1974
      MICHAEL CORLEONE
      "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."
 85. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD – 1962
      REVEREND SYKES
      "Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passing."
 86. THE WIZARD OF OZ – 1939
      DOROTHY GALE/THE SCARECROW/THE TIN MAN
      "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!"
 87. THERE WILL BE BLOOD – 2007
      DANIEL PLAINVIEW
      "I drink your milkshake….I drink it up!"
 88. DEAD POET’S SOCIETY – 1989
      JOHN KEATING
      "Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
 89. GLADIATOR – 2000
      MAXIMUS
      "Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will 
      have my vengeance, in this life or the next."
 90. AIRPLANE! – 1980
      OLD LADY
      "Nervous?"
      TED STRIKER
       "Yes."
      OLD LADY
      "First time?"
      TED STRIKER
      "No, I’ve been nervous lots of times."
 91. ON GOLDEN POND – 1981
      ETHEL THAYER
      "Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't you 
       forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be 
       right behind you, holding on tight, and away we're gonna go, go, go!"
 92. SOME LIKE IT HOT – 1959
      JERRY
      "Look at that! Look how she moves. That’s just like Jell-O on springs. 
       She must have some sort of built-in motor. I tell you, it's a whole 
      different sex!"
 93. THE GRADUATE – 1967
      BENJAMIN BRADDOCK
      "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren’t you?"
 94. APOCALYPSE NOW – 1979
      COL. KURTZ
      "The horror….the horror."
 95. HAPPY GILMORE
      HAPPY GILMORE
      "The price is wrong, bitch."
 96. BORAT – 2006
       BORAT
       "Jak sie masz? My name-a Borat. I like you. I like sex. Is nice!"
 97. SHREK 2 – 2004
       DONKEY
       "Shrek and I drank this potion and now... we're sexy!"
 98. INDEPENDENCE DAY – 1996
       PRESIDENT THOMAS WHITMORE
       "Nuke 'em. Let's nuke the bastards."
 99. INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM – 1984
       INDIANA JONES
       "Mola Ram! Prepare to meet Kali... in Hell!"
100. THE SIMPSONS MOVIE – 2007
       RALPH WIGGUM
       "I like men now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home