Thursday 15 September 2011

CRAIG'S 100 MOVIE HEROES - 100 - 51

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I made a list but thankfully I can say that I've finally got through one of my favourite lists of this overall series with the Heroes and Villains category. In film, there are many situations where without a good guy or a bad guy, the film would probably not be remembered well. There have been hundreds of contenders and luckily I was able to cut both lists down to 100 worthy characters *EACH*. Starting with the first 50 Heroes on the Top 100 Heroes list, some of these characters could have been higher on other lists but I have chosen to keep some of them restricted to this part of the list. From bad-ass cops and robots to superheroes and even the odd couple of old boys, I present the first part of my heroes list, I am sure you will be entertained!



 #100. ALEX J MURPHY / ROBOCOP (PETER WELLER)
ROBOCOP - 1987

“Dead or alive, you're coming with me” 


#99. RITA O'GRADY (SALLY HAWKINS)
MADE IN DAGENHAM - 2010

How will we cope? We're women. Don't ask such stupid questions


#98. JOHN BOOK (HARRISON FORD) 
WITNESS - 1985 

“Oh yeah. I'm learning a lot about manure. Very interesting”


#97. LEIGH ANNE TUOHY (SANDRA BULLOCK)
THE BLIND SIDE - 2009 

"If you so much as set foot downtown, you will be sorry. I'm in a prayer group with the D.A, I'm a member of the NRA and I'm always packing!"


#96. R.J MACREADY (KURT RUSSELL)
THE THING - 1982 
 
“Why don't we just wait here for a little while... see what happens...”


#95. RICK O'CONNELL (BRENDAN FRASER)
THE MUMMY - 1999

“Knowing my brother-in-law, he probably deserves whatever you're about to do to him. But this is my house. I have certain rules about snakes and dismemberment”


#94. OPTIMUS PRIME (PETER CULLEN)
TRANSFORMERS - 2007 

“A necessary sacrifice to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes. It's been an honor serving with you all.”


#93. GUIDO OREFICE (ROBERTO BENIGNI)
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL - 1997 
 

“Maybe this is all a dream, and in the morning, Mommy will wake us up with milk and cookies. Then, after we eat, I will make love to her two or three times. If I can.”


#92. POPEYE DOYLE (GENE HACKMAN)
THE FRENCH CONNECTION - 1971 

“All right, Popeye's here! Get your hands on your heads, get off the bar, and get on the wall!”


#91. SHANE (ALAN LADD)
SHANE - 1953 

Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley


#90. GEORGE (BOB HOSKINS)
 MONA LISA - 1986
 
Lovely! I'm fired and you're street walkin'!”


#89. DET. JOHN KIMBLE (ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER)
KINDERGARTEN COP - 1990

Oh, excuse me. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is John Kimble... And I love my car!”


#88. WIKUS VAN DE MERWE (SHARLTO COPLEY) 
DISTRICT 9 - 2009

“This whole's thing's under your shack? For 20 years, you've had this fookin' thing hidden out here? This is, this is very illegal, I mean, this is, this is a fine.”


#87. GISELLE (AMY ADAMS)
ENCHANTED - 2007

 "No! No! No!" Over and over! When you keep saying "No!" it just makes me so... Sometimes you make me so!... angry"


#86. JAKE SULLY (SAM WORTHINGTON)
AVATAR - 2009 

 “You fly now, with me! My brothers! Sisters! And we will show the Sky People... that they cannot take whatever they want! And that this... this is our land!”


#85. THELMA AND LOUISE (GEENA DAVIS AND SUSAN SARANDON)
THELMA & LOUISE - 1991 

“I know it's crazy, but I just feel like I got a knack for this shit”
"I believe you do. "


#84. STEVE ROGERS/CAPTAIN AMERICA (CHRIS EVANS)
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER - 2011 
 
“I don't want to kill anybody. I don't like bullies; I don't care where they're from.”


#83. TERRY MALLOY (MARLON BRANDO)
ON THE WATERFRONT - 1954 

“You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley”


#82. SPARTACUS (KIRK DOUGLAS)
SPARTACUS - 1960 
 
“And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves”


#81. MOSES (CHARLTON HESTON)
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS - 1956 

“Let my people go!”


#80. MAD MAX ROCKATANSKY (MEL GIBSON)
MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME - 1985 

 I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket”


#79. LEE (BRUCE LEE)
ENTER THE DRAGON - 1973 

“You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple”


#78. SHERLOCK HOLMES AND DOCTOR WATSON (ROBERT DOWNEY JR AND JUDE LAW)
SHERLOCK HOLMES - 2009 

 “Holmes! Does your depravity know no bounds?”
"No!"


#77. ETHAN HUNT (TOM CRUISE)
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - 1996 

 “We just rolled up a snowball and tossed it into hell. Now let’s see what chance it has”


#76. GEORGE BAILEY (JAMES STEWART)
IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE - 1946 

I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, and the year after that”


#75. ICHABOD CRANE (JOHNNY DEPP)
SLEEPY HOLLOW - 1999 

“I should like to say that I make no assumptions about your occupation nor your ways, Witch... which... which... which are nothing to me, whatever you are”



#74. MARTIN RIGGS AND ROGER MURTAGH (MEL GIBSON AND DANNY GLOVER)
LETHAL WEAPON - 1987 

“Have you ever met anybody you didn't kill?”
"Well, I haven't killed you yet"


#73. CLARICE STARLING (JODIE FOSTER)
THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS - 1991 

“First I tried to free them. I... I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't run"


#72. ROOSTER COGBURN (JOHN WAYNE)
TRUE GRIT - 1969 

“You can't serve papers on a rat, baby sister. You gotta kill him or let him be"


#71. CAPTAIN HILTS (STEVE MCQUEEN)
THE GREAT ESCAPE - 1963 

“I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or from the air, and I plan on doing both before the war is over"

#70. WILLIAM THATCHER (HEATH LEDGER)
A KNIGHT'S TALE - 2001 

"Well then a fox you shall be until I find your name, my foxy lady"


#69. SIR WILFRID (CHARLES LAUGHTON)
WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION - 1957 

“The question is whether you were lying then or are you lying now... or whether in fact you are a chronic and habitual LIAR!”


#68. DAE-SU OH (MIN-SIK CHOI)
OLDBOY - 2003 

“If by any chance Mido should find out the truth, you son of a bitch, I'm going to rip you limb from limb. And your remains will never be found. Why? Because I'm going to swallow every last bit”

#67. DET. HARRY CALLAHAN (CLINT EASTWOOD)
DIRTY HARRY - 1971
 

“Go ahead. Make my day”
 
#66. TARZAN (TONY GOLDWYN)
TARZAN - 1999 

“I'll be the best ape ever!”


#65. SGT. NICHOLAS ANGEL (SIMON PEGG)
HOT FUZZ - 2007 

Sergeant Butterman, the little hand says it's time to rock and roll!”


#64. ALADDIN (SCOTT WEINER)
ALADDIN - 1992 

Look at that, Abu. It's not everyday you see a horse with two rear ends.”


#63. HARRY BROWN (MICHAEL CAINE)
HARRY BROWN - 2009 

You failed to maintain your weapon, Son
 
#62. GAZ (ROBERT CARLYLE)
THE FULL MONTY - 1997 

Gentlemen, the lunchbox has landed!


#61. CARL FREDRICKSEN (EDWARD ASNER)
UP - 2009 

This is crazy. I finally meet my childhood hero and he's trying to kill us. What a joke


#60. TONY STARK/IRON MAN (ROBERT DOWNEY JR)
IRON MAN - 2008 

“My bond is with the people, and I will serve this great nation at the pleasure of myself. If there's one thing I've proven it's that you can count on me to pleasure myself"
 

#59. THE BRIDE (UMA THURMAN)
KILL BILL VOL 1 + 2 - 2003/04 

Hard part's over. Now let's get these other piggies wiggling
 

#58. WALL-E (BEN BURTT)
WALL-E - 2008 

Eeeee... va?


#57. EDDIE VALIANT (BOB HOSKINS)
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? - 1988

“That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon”


#56. ASLAN (LIAM NEESON)
THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE - 2005 

Do not cite the Deep Magic to me Witch. I was there when it was written.


#55. JASON BOURNE (MATT DAMON)
THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM - 2007

Someone started all this, and I'm going to find them


#54. JUROR #8 (HENRY FONDA)
12 ANGRY MEN - 1957

“Well, there were eleven votes for guilty. It's not easy to raise my hand and send a boy off to die without talking about it first”


#53. ANDY DUFRESNE (TIM ROBBINS)
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION - 1994

I understand you're a man who knows how to get things?”


#52. NEO (KEANU REEVES)
THE MATRIX - 1999

“What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets? ”


#51. BLONDIE (CLINT EASTWOOD)
THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY - 1966

“You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig”


So far so good, stay tuned to for the 100-51 section of the Villains list which will be done soon, hope you enjoy this list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home